Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Apostle of the Lord

Today Elder Russell M. Nelson came to BYU-Idaho to speak at our Tuesday devotional. I had the opportunity to sit in the second row and be up close and personal. I have seen a few other apostles at BYU-Idaho before and they have always been amazing spiritual experiences. Today's experience, however, is by far the greatest. It is custom that when the prophet or apostles enter the room, everyone stands. Today as I stood up as Elder Nelson entered the auditorium the Spirit hit me like I've never felt it before. I felt pressure on my chest and I felt as though I couldn't breathe for a second. Then the Spirit rushed through me as I saw him. I have never felt the Spirit quite like that before in my life. I continued to feel the Spirit as Elder Nelson gave his talk. He spoke of searching the holy scriptures and seeking an education continually. After the devotional I had the amazing opportunity of shaking Elder Nelson's hand. I looked in his eyes and told him that he looks like my grandpa right down to the sparkle in his eye and that he is my favorite apostle. He smiled at me and said, "Well, thank you, it's so nice to meet you." What a great man! It was definitely an experience to remember forever!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am SO GLAD you told him that he looks like Grandpa! I am happy he finally know how we all feel about him!

    ReplyDelete