Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bishops: Servants of the Lord

I am so grateful for all the bishops throughout the world who serve their members so faithfully. I have been so blessed throughout my life. The bishops in my life have been willing to take me under their wing and teach and guide me through the rough times in my life. They take the time out of their busy schedules to sit down with me and simply make sure that I'm doing alright and that I am still on the strait and narrow. And the amazing thing is that these men don't just do this with me, but with 100-200 other people at the same time. They give up so much of their time; time that could be spent with family or doing the things they love. But they spend what little spare time they have to serve the members of their ward family and they do whatever they can for them. I'm so grateful for the bishops I've had throughout my life, especially for the bishop I have at home in the singles ward and here in Idaho. They both have brought out the best in me and have helped me see my full potential and that I don't have to settle for less than I deserve. I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It makes me who I am today and I would be lost without it. No words can express the sheer gratitude and love I have for my Savior, my Brother, Jesus Christ. Nothing in this world could ever matter more than the Atonement because I apply it in my life every single day. I am eternally grateful for the saving ordinance of the Atonement.

1 comment: