Friday, June 4, 2010

Lots to Share!

So I clearly am terrible at blogging... I always think I have nothing to blog about but now that it's been forever, I have SO much to blog about. So this is going to be a long one! First off, I'm in my 4th semester here at BYU-Idaho and I'm half way through already! The first half of the semester, I can honestly say, was terrible. I am only taking 15 credits, but they all required so much work, I had little time to do much else. FHE was pretty much my sole source of fun. I have a great FHE group this semester. The guys are a bunch of goof balls. Next, this past semester I had the opportunity of going to my sister's graduation at BYU! She got her Masters in Public Administration with an emphasis on non-profit organizations. She's amazing and is such a good example to me. She is someone I try to live up to and I want to follow in her footsteps. Another SUPER exciting part of the semester is I had the opportunity to go home and be Maid of Honor in my best friend Mindi's wedding! It was SUCH a beautiful day and it was so exciting! She's my second best friend to get married and I couldn't be happier for her! She is such an amazing girl and her new husband is perfect for her. I wish them the best of luck. I know that they will last forever! I was honored to be her maid of honor! Sometimes BYU-I brings awesome groups to perform and have shows at the school. As BYU-I students we get discounted prices on the tickets to these events. A couple of weeks ago the Nashville Tribute Band came to do a couple of shows! The first time I had ever heard of them/ seen them perform was this last fall back in Rancho Cucamonga. Someone from our stake knows them personally and had them come to do an exclusive show for the missionaries. Basically it was the missionaries' jobs to spread the word about the show. Unfortunately, it came as such short notice and they performing at such an awkward time (Monday afternoon, when everyone is working) that the turn-out was pathetic. But being buddies with the missionaries in our ward, my friends and I got word of the show and we attended. It was truly a delight! The band has two albums and one in the making. Their first is a Nashville Tribute to Joseph Smith; the second is a tribute to the pioneers; and their upcoming album is a tribute to the missionaries. Anyhow, Rancho is where I saw them the first time and I remembered enjoying them so much that when I saw the poster for their appearance in Rexburg, I had to go. I bought a ticket for myself and for my best friend, Jessica. We had such a fun night! I don't typically like country music, but this music is different because this band is literally testifying of the truthfulness of the Prophet of this dispensation, the pioneers and their hardships, and the beloved missionaries who do the work today. The spirit is strong during their performances and I love it. There was a meet and greet after the show so Jessica and I had the chance to purchase one of the albums and have them sign it! I told them that I had the opportunity to see them in Rancho as well and that got them all excited. Another cool thing was that the band traditionally has a guest female singer who sings the songs of Emma and the women in the stories. That weekends guest was Katherine Nelson who plays Emma Smith in the movie Emma Smith: My Story! I believe she also plays Joseph's wife in the Joseph Smith movie that played in all the temple visitor's centers for a while. I also remembered that she had done a fireside in Rancho years ago like when I first turned 12 or something! I had never made the connection that she was the same person! So, after the show I had her sign my cd as well and I told her that I remembered her fireside in Rancho. Turns out she's from Upland and Jessica and I had a wonderful time talking to her extensively about southern California and her performances in the show and in Emma Smith. What an amazing woman! It was an honor meeting her! That night was truly a highlight of my semester! Finally, this past weekend there was a 3 day weekend for Memorial and I had the chance to get together with my cousin Allie, who also goes here, and go up to Boise to visit our grandparents. I usually go at least once a semester, but I'm normally by myself. It was so nice to have a friend there this time. We had such a good time! It was the first time we've gotten together in years! I really enjoyed her company and I hope she had a good time too! We both love the camera and we had lots of fun taking pictures by the lovely waterfall in the neighborhood where my grandparents live! I'm glad we get reacquainted with each other and I'm glad we get along just as well now as we did when we were kids! I love that girl! We also had such a good time with our grandparents! They are so amazing! We wouldn't trade them for any other grandparents in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Finally! I had given up checking to see if you had any new postings but today I see that you did! I enjoyed your post and pictures! Love you Anna!

    ReplyDelete