Thursday, September 30, 2010

Am I Supposed to be Loving This Time of Year or Hating It?

Like I've said before, I truly suck at blogging. It's like keeeping a journal which I have never been good at and so I seem to update this thing like once every 4 months or something. But once again, I am going to try to do better especially since this is the time of year where there are tons of things to blog about. I love Autumn. I love the colors, the weather, just the overall feel of what Fall is. It also gives way to Christmas time which is my favorite time of year. But this Fall is different in many ways. There is a lot going on with me and the family and quite frankly I can't decide whether or not I'm supposed to be loving this time of year or completely hating it. There are a few reasons why: 1) I actually MISS Idaho. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard myself say but unfortunately it's true. I miss my friends mostly and the spiritual environment there. I usually love coming home and I dread going back, but I am anxious for school to start for me again. 2) My sister is getting married! How crazy is that?! I can hardly believe it. Of course I knew my sister would get married one day but for some reason I've always had my mind closed off to the fact that I would live to see the day when it actually happened. It's sort of surreal for me. She's my only sister and she found her eternal companion! I am going to have a new brother! I am going to have nieces and nephews soon! (Not too soon..) It shatters my entire universe. But I couldn't be happier for her and I am having fun planning the wedding with my mom. I think my mom is enjoying it as well even though I am sure it is also stressing her out like crazy. But it will be simply beautiful. 3) I'm working at Alhambra High School again this year with the marching band. It is definitely a different experience this year to say the least. I miss a lot of the kids who graduated this past year. The band is definitely missing something without them. This year the band lacks motivation and drive and the desire to be great. It's something that I am struggling working with. In addition to teaching the kids the proper technique of marching and teaching them a 7 minute field show, I work as a motivator as well. However, it's hard to motivate and inspire them when they act like they don't even want to be motivated. Most days I feel that I am at a loss with those kids. I love them with every fiber of my being, like they were my own babies. But most days they look at me and the rest of the staff with blank faces and they don't seem to be retaining anything. Over the course of the season thus far we have tried different methods of getting through to them, but nothing seems to be working. Hence my feeling of being at a loss. I don't know. It's just not going as I had hoped. Hopefully things turn around, and soon. We're running out of time. 4) My dad's trial started yesterday for the second time. Wow, it was exhausting. I don't know how my dad does it. In the two hours I was there listening, I felt totally drained and tense afterward. I walked out with a headache and I was just sitting there listening to them... listening to them attack my dad that is. I won't say too much about it except that I think I should become an attorney becuase I'm pretty sure I can do better than the low-lifes on the prosecuting side. I've never heard worse lawyers. It's actually quite entertaining to listen to them stumble over their words. They probably have such a hard time because they know they don't really have any real evidence that my dad is guilty. Well, there is a lot I'd like to say about this, but there will be a time and place for that when this is all over. In the mean time, keep my family in your prayers. I hope we can get through this alive. Like we really need this in the midst of everything else. Like.... 5) My dad's campaign! Yayayayay! It's going to be a real race this time around. Usually my dad has this thing in the bag. But because of this stupid trial it's going to be a real challenge for him to be re-elected. Despite everything, I know that my dad deserves it the most and that he's the best man for the job. Serving the community is what he lives for. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure he doesn't lose that. So in addition to your prayers, I also ask for your VOTE! Vote Rex Gutierrez for the Rancho Cucamonga City Council! So those are just a few things that are going on that are making life just a little bit more difficult. Oh wait, I forgot one-- I CAN'T GET A DRIVER'S LICENSE! I don't think I'll ever get it. I've failed the test twice now. I just got a new permit yesterday so I get three more chances before I need ANOTHER new permit. Basically my feelings on this are CALIFORNIA SUCKS! I'm a good driver.. I just can't catch a break in this forsaken state. Anyways, so am I supposed to be loving this time of year? Well, yes, I should be. But am I? Like hell I am. Maybe my attitude has something to do with it. Let's see if I can't make the next 3 months more enjoyable. Until next time! <3

1 comment: